The Duck is Watching You
Last night, someone asked me again, “what do you fear the most?”
“I’m scared of tsunamis,” I said.
“I’m scared of fish,” he said.
“A particular fish?” I asked.
“No, just a fish,” he said.
Our fears are like little metal souvenirs, we keep locked in a secret box. We collect them over the journey of life and want absolutely no one to see it.
Souvenirs are nice. They are all so different. There’s a heartbreak souvenir, an abuse souvenir and then there’s a “duck-watching-you” souvenir! (seriously)
People are scared of a variety of things. Here is a sample list, I’ll start with the normal ones:
- Fear of long words: Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (The irony!)
- Fear of holes –Trypophobia (A hole lot of anxiety, man!)
- Fear of crossing the street: Agyrophobia (Do they like The Beatles?)
- Fear of one’s mother-in-law: Pentheraphobia (Ahem!)
- Fear of Dinner-table conversation: Deipnophobia (Eat and let eat…
View original post 486 more words